AIMS members to provide educational sessions for AV over IP at InfoComm 2019
The Alliance for IP Media Solutions (AIMS) has announced that its representatives from AIMS member companies will provide three days of educational presentation sessions on the adoption of open standards for AV over IP.
The presentations will take place at the AIMS stand from 10AM to 3.15PM on 12 and 13 June 2019, with the final presentation taking place from 10AM to 11.30AM on 14 June 2019, with the following presentations repeated several times during the three days:
- "Who Is AIMS and What Is SMPTE ST 2110?" Andre Testa, Director of ASIC/FPGA Engineering, Matrox
- "NMOS: The Open AV Over IP API," Andrew Starks, Director of Product Management, Macnica
- "How Open Standards Like AES67 and ST 2110 Drive Innovation," Bill Rounopoulos, Business Development Manager, OEM & Partnerships, Ross Video
- "ST 2110 and Intercomm," Martin Dyster, Vice President, Business Development — TV, The Telos Alliance
David Chiappini, AIMS ProAV working group chair, said "AIMS members believe strongly that the future of AV over IP should be built on a technology infrastructure that is based on open standards, and we're at InfoComm to advocate for this concept.
“This is not the first technology transition our industry has been through, and we need to understand the lessons of the past. Open standards provide the industry with maximum agility and flexibility to adjust business models, capitalize on new revenue opportunities, and add new capabilities and services without having to constantly rebuild workflows.”
AIMS members will also participate in the June 11 2019 session "Audio and Video Streaming Using Established IP Standards”, highlighting the following:
- "The Origins of Audio Over IP and the Need for Standards," Richard Zwiebel, Vice President, Systems Strategy, QSC
- "There's Nothing to Be Afraid of With SMPTE ST 2110," Andrew Starks, Director of Product Management, Macnica
- "The Open Standards-Based Method for AV Over IP," Scott Barella, Chief Technology Officer at Pesa and Deputy Chairman of AIMS ProAV Working Group
- "Next-Gen IP for Networked Media — Collision or Convergence?" Karl Paulsen, Chief Technology Officer, Diversified