Global Presence Alliance announces new board and president
The Global Presence Alliance (GPA) has announced the formalisation of its leadership structure, and has appointed Byron Tarry to lead the seven-member board.
Consisting of now eighteen member companies plus nine affiliates from around the world, the membership has selected the following board members to lead the organisation in 2014:
- Byron Tarry, director – enterprise solutions, Sharps Audio Visual, Americas
- Raymond Alves, founder & CEO, VisionsConnected, EMEA
- Marc Atkinson, divisional head, Teljoy Business Systems, EMEA
- Philip Holtum, MD, ProAV Solutions, APAC
- John Masters, business development & marketing director, AVM Impact, EMEA
- Julian Phillips, executive VP, Whitlock, Americas
- Kaiesh Vohra, VP of Technology, ESCO, APAC
All board appointments are provisionally being made for one year with the opportunity for re-election for longer tenure in 2015.
As with most board members, Byron has more than two decades of experience in the AV industry. He has played a role within key InfoComm initiatives over the past decade including the 'AV Best Practices' Black Book and the STEP Rating System, and he currently sits on Infocomm’s PETC committee.
The GPA’s next strategic meeting will be at ISE in Amsterdam, where the board and members will set the tone for growth in 2014 and beyond. Major initiatives include continuing to improve its global delivery standards, increasing communications and engagement with its growing customer list, and expanding its membership and service footprint even further into key markets. Board members will also be actively seeking opportunities to meet with vendors, press, and potential members throughout the show.